Thursday, February 10, 2005

Poetry: The Voice

The Voice
- JT

By the waterside I heard your name
Spoken sweetly
Lingering quietly
Freshening the air beneath the trees
With it's bubbly sound

I bowed my head in silent thanks
Barely said
Hardly heard
Envisioning a face to place beside it
A face that would be found

I closed my eyes to hear still more
Within the structure
Within the name
I listened more intently than ever before
To the bubbly sound

Inside the name I found a rhythm
Found a song
A melody
That shed new light on the rest of nature
On the world around

Inside this song I heard my name
Spoken tenderly
Sung lovingly
As I'd never heard it before
Tears on the ground

By the waterside I heard your name
Spoken sweetly
Lingering quietly
And there beside the springtime forest brook
Within that beautiful sound

God Spoke.

No comments: